Thursday, June 7, 2012

Should girls be allowed to make a career ?

You may wonder what a stupid question to ask especially in today's time. Well this whole idea of writing this blog germinated out of a small discussion which at a point almost drifted to been an argument.There were 2 sides to the above question with me defending it and at the other point someone close to me opposing it.


So first let me put down my side of story.

  1. I always feel whosoever it be, a boy or a girl should have complete access to education.
  2. Education is a tool we give to our children to cope with life in future.
  3. I personally feel that girls should be encouraged more to pursue  higher studies so it provides them with more empowerment.                                                                                                                                
Now the other side of the story :
  1. Allow only basic education like graduation to girls.
  2. Girls who try to make a career end up not adjusting in the family.
  3. Domestic Chores get neglected (my argument was they can always hire a domestic help)
  4. Girl even if they become engineers or other professional have to dump everything at the alter of the marriage.(my argument was that it could be parents or girls mistake to select non professional family to get married into.there is a better possibility that a family of professionals would never want there bride to dump her career.
And the argument went on and on.
I just wanted a feedback from you guys and girls out there how far this myth is true that a career girl cannot be a good housewife. I am using the word myth because i do not believe in this thought.

Please do give me your sincere feedback.

Thanks


1 comment:

  1. A PROFFESIONAL GIRL WOULD BE A PROFFESIONAL ONLY AND SHE WOULD NOT BE A HOUSE WIFE (OFCOURSE SHE COULD BE A WIFE).......haahaaaaahhaa

    ReplyDelete